Class III Medical System
iSine analyzed, documented and helped redesign a Class III Medical device system for a large company. The existing FPGA's were being discontinued, so the board and FPGA code needed to be redesigned using stringent FDA methodology.
- FPGA changed from a Xilinx Spartan2 to Spartan6 array (due to EOL)
- Redesigned PCB for new generation FPGA
- New power sub-system created to support the core power requirements for the new FPGA
- New generation memories
- Original FPGA code was analyzed and documented.
- Several bugs were found
- All arithmetic functions (multipliers, adders, etc) were redesigned in the new fabric
- RTL compiled and verified ensuring exact function & performance
- Extensive testing was performed to ensure the new boards met strict FDA test requirements